Sunday, August 24, 2014

Stories in the silence


Silence tells stories sometimes and sometimes stories become silences, but in the middle of everything, as John Lennon said: life is what happens while you're busy doing other things.

Summer has not been what we expected, we have had a lot of cool and rainy days, but we always get energy taking care of our flowers. This year we were very fortunate with the sunflowers, they grew so much that dad said they were trees!

Between all the fun of summer, I have courage to go out walking every day in the morning and have breakfast. I feel very hungry sometimes!. Mom check my ears to see how many chocolates I ate when she was not seeing me and depending of the number on a little screen, she gives me more or less insulin. That gives me right to eat a cookie, carrots, and all that I ask her.

When I'm not sleeping, we love to be outside watering our flowers, cleaning them, or taking pictures form butterflies, birds or flowers. Mom says that we should enjoy and keep memories of them, because we must wait several months to see them again. 

She has some experiments with plants, since she wants to understand the influence of the environment on the development. She has had success making pineapples, apples, and other rare flowers. She plants things in sites with low-light or water, and then change them from place. I think that is very fun, waiting to see if a seed can become a real plant!. 

When the sun is just kissing the afternoon, we like to go for a walk to stretch our legs, we really need it after a hard day!. If mom is not studying, reading or doing exams, we can walk longer. We know how much difficult are her exams depending on how long she wants to walk in the evening. She says her head spins sometimes!!, I guess is like when you have your astronaut training!!. Dad let me play with gravity sometimes and it’s so fun!. So if we walk a lot ,  it means mom had an exam about proteins or neurons.

Every afternoon she says: ask me what I learned today!!!!.  She does not expect the question sometimes and begins to talk about weird things, I think that I understand maybe a half. For example, she studied proteins and at the beginning she said that they were like one big family, but then she said that all of them were very promiscuous.


When I asked dad what that word means, he told me that they were like rabbits, so I can say that proteins loves carrots, so I hope not to find proteins because I will not share my carrots with them.

I still get fluids from my back every other day. That is not fun, but so far, I'm still well. Doctors say that there is no chance to heal my kidney, but as my mom say, we should always give forward, and I do my best.

It is time for dinner, so here I say goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment