Monday, July 21, 2014

Lake Michigan


Our trip was really an adventure. I love travelling in Dad’s car because he rolls down the windows so I can feel a soft breeze on my face. Before arriving at our destination, we stopped to take pictures of a lighthouse. Lighthouses are towers, building or other type of structure designed to emit light from a system of lamps and lenses and used as a navigation aid for maritime pilots at sea or on inland waterways, marking dangerous coastlines, hazardous shoals, reefs or safe entries to harbors. 
 
During this trip, we visited three lighthouses, because Lake Michigan is so great that it looks like a sea. In this part of the world there are a group of five lakes between the border of The United States and Canada, which form the largest group of freshwater lakes in the world. They cover a total of 244 160 km2 and irrigate an area of 521 830 km2.

Lake Michigan is the largest lake entirely within a country, and this time my legs felt it. Past year, we had another trip
and I could enjoy Lake Superior, which lies on the border with Canada.

After the first photos, we arrived at our destination, but no one was ready to rest. As soon as I finished my dinner and I was filled with water, we had recognition trip. I could smell new things!, for example, there were more chipmunks
there that at home, and mom told me that there were many frogs singing during night, she said it was like a symphony with a monumental choir.

They sing so beautifully, that there is a sculpture that honors them, so that all will come to listen to during the night. frogs rest during the day of their long musical evenings.

When we got back, mom and dad came out to enjoy the
sunset. Mom said that there were many mosquitoes everywhere, but that was not going to scare us, adventures are not complete if you do not suffer a little.

 We took a longer trip next morning. I travel in my bag that mom or dad carry carefully. That makes my job as an assistant very pleasant! I can smell the best places; seek the shade so that the sun
doesn’t burn our skin, but the best moment is when I get out of my bag.

Of course, we toured around the Lake, and my feet touched a little bit its water, not much because I tend to be very chilly. We picked up rocks and took many photos. Of course we could see flowers, snakes, waves and a lot of sunshine.

Here we are, daddy and I in action!
When we were not outside taking pictures, mom and dad took me to our room to feed me, give me insulin and fluids. Mom and dad care for me so much, so my job is to take care of them and enjoy every moment. My favorites are our endless talks in the car. Sometimes about science, plants or cars, and others, we make plans for the future.

We got back home a day before, but dad was very tired. Champy was not at home!, he was still having fun with her new friend. So when he arrived, we began to share our experiences and we stayed talking until late. When we found out, mom had our dinner ready!

We already have plans for our next trip, so I remind mom to have ready her camera, because the adventures can be here any day. In addition, I care for Piggy who is always my faithful friend she accompanies me to all our trips and she takes care of me when I sleep.

Daddy and I searching the best angle
Meanwhile, I am obeying what mom tells me. I eat everything she gives me without protest, so I can do everything I want and enjoy the summer. I love so much lying on the grass that I have not written with enough frequency and I apologize for it. It is not just the pleasure that sunny days gives us, but mom has been busy learning new things, and she spend hours marveling at me with all the
things she learns. Sometimes she doesn’t wait our question about what she learned during the day, she begins to explain us!

Thanks to all of you who take a moment to say hello or send me a message. I have no way of thanking each and every one, except saying thanks for reading my stories.
I promise a new adventure soon!

With love: 

Bubu

No comments:

Post a Comment