Friday, December 14, 2012

A Christmas Carol

When I could see, I liked when mom was read me stories, it is true that I did not listen to her voice, but I liked to cuddle in her lap and see how she turned the pages. Sometimes images overflowed joy and sometimes they were so colorful that it was difficult to stop seeing them.

I remember a story where a tree of Christmas didn't want to be decorated because all the decorations were very expensive. There was also a short story where a rabbit was lost  in the North Pole without a sweater or scarf and its ears were frozen.

Today I want to write my own Christmas Carol, to thank God for one year more and allowing me to share with my parents, my grandparents, friends and readers. Thank you so much for reading me!.

This is the Bubu’s story of Christmas:

There was upon a time a bubu... why all the stories must begin with: there was upon a time?, why not there were twice times?, or...  Why not something like: This is a story that does not exist yet since it has never been told?, or even better !, this is an idea really wants to be a story...

Oh! Mom says that if I don’t write a pretty story nobody is going to read it... okay!:

Once upon a time a dog called Bubu with her little brother Champy decorated Christmas tree that dreamed of being the most beautiful of the planet.

Bubu touched with her nose the ornaments and Champy stretched to place them in the tree and it happily ducked so that ornaments were put to it.

Ornaments had many forms, but I only can imagine the colors, I hope that you can  help me to imagine them, for example, we decorate our tree  with grandparents’ smiles, and a dad’s suspicious glances of when he finds a little water on the floor, trying to guess who has made a prank... of course, the problem is that the plants drink too much water!.

We hung a tear, by those who have left us during the year, but we did accompany it with the nicest memories we have of them. From Benny, we got an afternoon when he came to look through the door that is near the balcony and instead of bothering me, he smelled me... I could feel him smelling me. In that instant we said that we had always loved us and we said goodbye.

We hung a magical smile and we could not miss Champy´s races when we come back from our walks he is so fast that mom cannot remove his the harness. But he likes to move fast to play with his toys.

From Dad, we looking around his things, and we found the moment when he kissed mom for the first time, and from mom, we found the moment when she knew that dad was the man of her life. Those two moments makes every Christmas something extraordinary!.

We found a sweet hug with hat and scarf and very carefully Champy placed at the top of the tree, because it is from our grandparents, we know that they love us much.

From my memories of Mexico, I showed to Champy the instant when  my grandmom hugged me when we met by very first time... I was  a hairy ball!.

Champy hung with so much love, the moment when all of us met and make him an important part of our family.

Mom said that we could not hang so many things on the tree, because it could overcome the weight, so we had to put under the tree the carrots we want to  leave to the Christmas angel who will come to see us and Champy put the lion who gave her grandmother last Christmas.

If this would be a real story, probably it would end with... And they lived happily forever...

Oh! Mother says that this is for fairy tales!, ok, what about ...something like: Sorry, but I have no more ideas and, this story has finished...? … Daddy says this is not that kind of story... Champy says it should conclude: that all doggies received lots of love around the world...

But, I prefer that my story ends by saying: thank you for reading me for another year, I hope that God give me  many forces to continue walking, watering the grass and eating carrots and I hope you keep reading me.

Many thanks and God bless you. Merry Christmas everyone, wherever you are, this Christmas tale was written to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment