Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Walking around the world with my GPS


The Global Positioning System (GPS) is a system based on satellite navigation which enables you to determine the position of an object, a person, or a vehicle anywhere in the world, with a precision from a few meters to millimeters, if you are using a differential GPS. It works by 24 satellites orbiting upon the planet to 20,200 Km with trajectories synchronized to cover the entire surface of the Earth. 

When we want to know where is located our car, Daddy’s GPS located at least 3 satellites of the network which sent a signal with an identification and the time of each one. Based on these three signals, the unit clock synchronizes and calculates the time it takes to get the three signals to the GPS that is on the panel of the car, by measuring the distance from the satellite through a system of triangulation which determines where we are. The GPS guides us when we travel and screams if we ignore it.

The species have guidance systems, such as eyes to determine distances or like birds, using the Sun and stars to the migratory routes.

I have nothing so sophisticated, in the absence of eyes that guide me, I use my sense of smell, which is quite acute, this allows me to know the position of an object or a person and my navigation system depends on what I'm touching and recognizing, I use that information and do a triangulation between the distance of the object depending on the number of molecules of smell given off and the number of steps necessary to achieve it.

It is important then touching and my whole body turns into a sensor. For example, my paws feel the difference between the wood floor, which tells me that I am in the room or in the studio, but if feels cold and a little harder, I have certainly come to the kitchen, where my carrots, dinner and breakfast live. On the other hand, if the floor is soft then I am in one bedroom. 

Then I must scan and avoid objects, because Champy sometimes forgets to pick up his toys, so I touch with my nose, if I find an object I push it, to move it one side, if while I’m walking I find something hard, that means I found the chimney, if I continue a long it, I must begin taking some decisions about where I want to go. To the right I can I find with the staircase, in which there is an obstacle that prevents my solitary flights. If I continue to the left, I can find the kitchen or the dining room table.

If I triangle the information correctly, the rest of my body and my nose, and my nose, certainly I can't find anything!. Every morning I can find mom to ask her to take me to complete those dangerous missions that nature imposes to me either, find the kitchen to order my food. Nothing can’t hide to Bubu, my natural and adaptive GPS is as effective as the daddy’s, but not dependent on batteries, and it let me to continue exploring the world.

If you would like to know more about my mom's writing, you can visit her web site http://www.almadzib.com

No comments:

Post a Comment