Sunday, December 18, 2011

We will be always together

It seems incredible but snow is back, even though this year we have not had as much as previous years, I've had the opportunity to see the white ground and feel it in my legs, it feels so soft and cold at the same time. I can't find nothing more fun than run, gain speed and fall on a mountain of snow burying my nose, it's like jumping into a pool when it's hot!.

Many things have happened since winter left us earlier this year. We moved to another state, enjoyed so many hugs and kisses from our American granddads; We enjoyed so much walking with grandma, she left us smell as much as we like!, Then all of us traveled back to this city which we enjoyed so much, we moved to a different house, and Mom has also spent more time with us, that makes us very happy to all us!.

At this part of the United States, all seasons are very distinct, the white winter floods everything, the trees are naked to enjoy the snow and  flowers are hide their smiles until spring. The whole picture changes. Squirrels play less and try to store food to survive. The cold feels even under my coat, and the days become very short, darkness falls early every afternoon, so walks must be enjoyed to the fullest.

As spring wakes up, snow is still around, but it's easy to begin to recognize spring perfumes and colors. In the spring there is an explosion of color!, apples and plums overwhelm the roads, and  tulips arouse, all creatures get up to the promise of rebirth and start playing with the need to preserve the species.

Summer paints everything with green, and flowers shamelessly display their best clothes, everything is color, fresh air, heat, mixed feelings, because you want a bit of winter cold but the summer allows the city to have life, so does not change a thing. Summer changes colors of springs but it doesn't change them, just add more colors; sunflowers reveal dazzling elegance.

When autumn arrives, paints everything with red and gold. It's a funny feeling the crunch of leaves under my legs!, The temperature begins to drop slowly but is a nice change after so hot summer days. Rain refreshes the trees shed their clothes, preparing to sleep. The walks are short or sometimes impossible, but still there is that sense of freshness in the air. The last flowers can be admired, and we must start preparing for the day when walking is just a luxury.

And the cycles applied to the entire universe. Every day somewhere in the galaxy, a star is born or dies, just as elsewhere in the world a baby is born, ready to face life and someone dies after a complete happy life, full of carrots and chocolate.

But between this, there are some not noticeable changes every day, only seen when looking from a distance, like mom's long hair, who after having lost everything, now it's waving in the wind.

And changes have reached Benny and I, and now we do not run or play like we used to, we sleep more, my bones ache. I started to lose my sight, and I can not jump the couch as usual. Benny and I enjoyed the amazing sport of sleeping most of the day.
But despite all the changes around us there is a constant. The constant in our lives are persons who care for us, like mom and dad who have been my ears all these years and I have no doubt that they will be my eyes when darkness clouded my eyes. They take care of Benny and me, though they must run behind us to give us our medication. And Champy wakes me every day. That gives me the assurance that no matter how much everything changes outside, or how my body and my mood change, we will be always together, because we are a family.


If you would like to know more about mom’s writing you can visit her web site: http://www.almadzib.com
Para la versión en español, da click en la parte superior derecha

No comments:

Post a Comment