Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Life is more than a number

Only a week ago my doctor told us that there was not too much hope to me, and this week her smile is so huge than she can  illuminate the city. My creatinine levels are normal... perdon, what did you say?,  did yousaid normal?...  I am sure all the carrots I ate on Thursday have healed me!, give me more carrots and you will see that everything will be OK!.
 
No Bubu, it is not so simple, the truth is that we don't know what is making you feel better, dad said... I looked at him a bit surprised... what you mean?, don't you know?, do not you still recognize the power of t love?

I want to be here to take care of everyone, because all of you have been caring me with so much passion. I've accepted every needle, and I have taken that pill with the most nasty flavour... I have done all what you have said... When dad gave me a kiss, I said calmly: do not worry, everything will be OK daddy...

The biggest problem for now has been to regulate my glucose levels. No, I have not eaten candies... sometimes I want a piece of the bread, but I don't want to go to the hospital. 

So my life for now is governed by numbers. Mom and dad measure my glucose levels and then they review their data base to decide how much insulin I should have, and depending on the levels of creatinine, my doctor and they decide how many fluids I should have per day... all are numbers and decisions, but no matter what the science says, I'm still here, breaking all predictions, contrary to what books say about sick dogs, but the truth is that there is not a book about Bubu and all the love I have in my  life, because my best medicine is dreaming of the day that we can get out to walk and smell the flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment