Friday, February 21, 2014

Creatinine


I didn’t understand why mom began to cry after my doctor talked with dad and her... I gave her a bear hug and told her with a kiss: hey mom, everything will be ok!, no matter if you had an accident on the floor, don’t worry!, someone will clean it! It’s ok!...

When we were getting back home, I could understand why it was possible to feel a heavy feeling on their souls: blood tests show that my creatinine is very high. It is enough to deal with my glucose,  because mom and dad stab my ears looking for hidden chocolates in them, but this sounds similar to Benny disease; except that I don't have many symptoms.

Creatinine is an organic compound derived from the degradation of creatine, which is a nutrient that is useful for the muscles, produced at a constant rate, and the amount amount depends on the mass of muscles and this is filtered by the kidneys  and disposed in the urine.

Measuring the  creatinine is a simple way of monitoring the correct function of kidneys... when there is any damage, it’s usual to find increased creatinine levels in blood and mine has increased in just one week, the scary thing is I only have one kidney... also  I lost weight... I don't know where I lost it, safe in one of my trips to the bathroom... 

So far I have accepted in water in my back, but my doctor said that  now I must havedouble amount ... I feel like a  balloon ready to be thrown from a very high building, without parachutes from the top... but I'm not going to complain... Dad said that I can have all the carrots I want, without restriction, I can sleep wherever I want and if I  pee on the floor, no one is going to be upset.

I've heard so many death sentences by physicians  in my life that  they donn’t scare me anymore, the truth is that I've decided how I want to live, and so far I've managed it very well. Doctors gave Benny one week of life and he was with us for more than 6 months...

I think that life has taught me that we should enjoy every day and take it as the most precious gift. 

Mom promised not to cry, but if you she does it, I’ll be here to remind her that there is always one more day for missions and carrots banquets... when finally I can not able to get up, I guess I will just go... I don't know where but I hope that there can be have enough carrots and  needles can’t exist anymore...

One day at a time, moms says, life must be lived one day at a time... and daddy said we will enjoy every moment together.

No comments:

Post a Comment