Friday, September 13, 2013

13 years old


My birthday is only few days away, I’ll be 13 years old. Against all bets, against all medical ideas, I've smashed all the life expectancy for a dog that has had to go through so many doctors, and pills and treatments.

I think that gives me certain rights, for example: I have the right to say to everyone that anybody should not take seriously when others tell you that something is not possible, you always have to break the rules, break the mold, not let others dictate your lives, because we only have one life and we must make it something extraordinary!.

It is true that due to diabetes, I lost the right to celebrate my birthday with a carrot cake  as I did before, but it is better to have a few carrots every day  being sure that I can eat more next day.

I earned the title of "senior dog",  I didn’t know that there was something like the first age and second, but I hope to get to the fourth and the fifth... and sixth...

I do not run chasing cars or the geese anymore, but I enjoy so much the few steps my legs give me every day. After all, small details are amazing, aren´t they?

I enjoy  so much when we care  our garden, although, weather is beginning to change already, this morning I missed my sweater!, but that announces that snow is coming and everything is going to paint in white!, but I can hide between  the snow if I want!.

Life goes on, and I'm still on the train, happy to have so many care,  so I don’t have complaints or excuses, because we only have one life, so there is no time for suffering about bad days. As mom has taught me,  we must live the bad days and survive the worst, to enjoy the good ones, life is all about moments and it gives me the right to say that I am a happy dog!

It’s true I cannot see or hear, but I still can smell my breakfast and dinner, and not matter how much far are my carrots, I know they are around. I know mom, dad and Champy are with me… I need nothing else!

Some say that 13 is bad luck number, but I'm going to do it extraordinary!

 Thank you LIFE for giving me one birthday more!

1 comment: