Tuesday, July 9, 2013

When Bubu's paws felt Lake Superior

When mom starts putting things into a suitcase, while she makes mental notes and ask us what toy we want, it means that something will happen. 

Mom spent two days getting ready everything, but that morning was normal, we went out to our walk with Champy and we ate breakfast. Dad was at home so I thought it was a weekend, but when we finished breakfast and after our medications mom and dad began to put things in our car and then our adventure began.

Champy stayed at home, but mom promised him that Robin would care for him and that he would enjoy so much playing with 3 children during our absence. 

Piggy and I in our car, traveling to our adventure
When I noticed I was in our car, I thought that dad we were driving to the vet, but not!, he rolled the windows down and all of us felt the air running through the car, while mom was fighting with her hair. I could not resist so I fell asleep at times, but whenever I woke up,  we were still moving.

We stopped at some point and I watered the grass, but we still were some miles away to find our destiny.


Daddy and I enjoying the beach at Lake Superior
Next time we stopped, Mom put me in my  back pack in which mom had begun to try walking with me around our yard from several days ago, she walked with me on her back while she adjusted the straps so they do not hurt her shoulders. This time, not walk through our yard, they took me to the beach. A huge beach!, but we didn’t see the sea but Lake Superior, and my paws touched the largest of the Great Lakes which is shared between the United States and Canada. The water was cold, but the sand was soft.

After dinner, I went to bed, because the next few days we had a lot of activity. For example we went to Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore and I did not understand very well, but basically people travel thousands of miles to see rocks with many colors. 

Here I am taking photos with daddy
Of course traveling around in my back pack people noticed me very easy, how many times someone can see Bubu on daddy or mom's back?, so we could not avoid all their questions. They thought that I was lazy to walk  and that is why my parents spoiled me, but when mom and dad explained them who I was, everyone smiled at me.

After a while of walking around, I could leave  the back pack which gave me shade and enough space, and of course we thank the breeze when it caressed my ears!. 

For a while I was in a special shelter for dogs where we stay while owners enjoy a boat trip, it was not bad because there was air conditioning  that let me sleep until mom and daddy pick me up. We got in the car and went to our cabin to sleep.

A turtle we found at Seney National Wildlife Refuge
The next day we had the one most extraordinary adventure!, the kind that you have only once in a lifetime. First we went to Seney National Wildlife Refuge, we walked for a while and took some photos, and then climbed into the car and toured the reserve which boasts 95 238 acres and takes care of many wild species.

After there, we traveled to Tahquamenon Falls State Park, where one of the main attractions are 6 water falls, which altogether push 190 000 litres of water per second, which is located in the lower part of the complex and 6.5 Kms away, if you are brave and have good legs you can see another waterfall, which can be reached walking along a path full of stairs and bridges and so much nature, and once starts the adventure there is no way of leaving the sidewalk, because there is only one way to leave find your car and it’s walking!.

Here one of the pics we took at the upper waterfall
We as brave explorers, decided that we wanted to see the largest waterfall, so we took the trial up hill... I was on mom’s back so we go ahead and  as a team all of us gave us encouragement when fatigue assaulted us. It was difficult but we did it! and when we got to the top, I could leave my back pack that protected me from the sun rays and the Grand Prize was to be able to take a little bit of water. We are delighted by the great team that we are, because the challenge was not easy!.

When we think that the only way to return to the car was to retake the trial downhill, so daddy would have to run all the path back to the car, 4 miles of up and downs, bridges and stairways, while mom and I wait for him, we were so lucky!! there is transportation that goes up and down to assist to explorers, so very fast we were in a car with air conditioning. 

When we found our car, I could not feel more happy, then we went to the motel and I got dinner. I was so tired of so much walking on mom’s back!

Here I am sleeping with Piggy
That night, mom and dad were walking to the beach, and I stayed to take care of Piggy.

Next day we started returning home, but the greatest joy was to see Champy that told us  how much he enjoyed playing with 3 children who gave him so much attention. No doubt everyone will miss him as much as he missed us.

I have now memories to share, because this  super adventures will remain forever!.

If you want to see more of our photos, you can go to: http://www.flickr.com/photos/alma_dzib_goodin/sets/72157634553120477/

No comments:

Post a Comment