Thursday, September 15, 2011

Noses

The dogs receive information from the environment through our sense of smell, so when we meet someone, we smell. We smell each other and smell the urine of other dogs to see if they are friends or enemies. If I smell another dog and want to leave a message, I pee, so that doggy can know who I am, where I live and my email address and  we can become friends.

When I got my new home I found many noses willing to smell me. One of them was Nanys, an older dog with a large black coat;  and there was other doggy called  Edward, he was a little brown nose, he was my companion and faithful friend, from whom I learned to pee as male, lifting my leg, but I do so very feminine!.

I found Camilo also, he  was  a huge white dog with brown spots that someone splashed like dripped paint, and I met Babas ...  a female honey color cocker spaniel, who was always moving and playing with her saliva, it was so fun to see her moving her non existent tail!.

There were another two curious noses, Tita and Dana, two Siamese cats a bit surly, but they didn’t wait too much before smell me to know how to deal with me. They  became respectable and sometimes confidant friends.

Once all presentations were made, I began to learn my place into the house, I got my dish to eat, a bed I could sleep in, I learned where to pee without causing a revolution and what human would take care of me. Noses helped me correct mistakes on my turn to eat, what to eat and who would play with me.

Few days after, all of us felt comfortable and we began to enjoy playing together.

 After that first meeting, I met many other noses, dear friends, some of them went to heaven of dogs, but I'm sure one day all of us will smile again, but this time it will be easier to recognize each other!.

 The other noses I met were a different kind of, because mom, grandma and my uncles, are humans. With time I met my dad, and my american  grandpa and grand mom, all of them willing to give me a happy life ... and that way I embarked on the adventure of being together, meeting new and amazing places and friends that are now part of this, my story ..


If you would like to know more about mom’s writing you can visit her web site: http://www.almadzib.com
Para la versión en español, da click en la parte superior derecha

No comments:

Post a Comment